The Database Support Engineer will perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, writing queries, supporting multiple SQL Servers, supporting and troubleshooting SSIS packages and SSRS reports, performance tuning and monitoring, clustering and replication and numerous other activities that require access to the company’s data.
Work schedule would include daytime hours in the Philippines time zone and some after-hours production support. Weekend work would be required.
- SQL Server Administration
- Query Tuning
- SQL Server Integration Services Support
- Be familiar with error handling techniques
- Understand Package Configurations
- Deploy SSIS Packages
- SQL Server Reporting Services Support
- Create/Modify Reporting Services Permissions
- Create/Modify Reporting Services Subscriptions
- Deploy Reports
- SQL Server Jobs
- Create/Modify/Support SQL Server Jobs
- Team Foundation Server
- Source Control
- A four year college degree and three to five years of relevant experience.
- General understanding of Microsoft SQL Server data access methods and tuning is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Good to expert knowledge of business units’ functions and data are preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task with attention to detail and meet deadlines simultaneously.