1310 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701
The Subrogation Specialist is responsible for the recovery of Property subrogation claims from uninsured individuals and businesses. . These claims could also involve multiple tortfeasors. The majority of these claims would be carrier to carrier claims but the Specialist II could also work consumer, auto, property and medial/PIP claims if the workload dictates. Responsibilities include working with our clients, insured, claimants, and local and state government offices, appropriately documenting information to achieve recovery of these property claims.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Property Subrogation Specialist II may perform some or all of the duties listed below:
- Process carrier to carrier subrogation files in varying lines of business including property, restitution and product liability.
- Review files using a diary system in order to handle correspondence.
- Respond promptly and professionally to client, insured, carrier requests as well as other incoming calls.
- Choose course of action with regard to new subrogation files to assure cost effective resolution.
- Review files for adequacy of investigation and measure of damages to determine whether to pursue arbitration, collection or litigation.
- Prepare and review the initial content of each file while documenting and tracking all ongoing verbal and written correspondence in the AS400 system as well as applicable client systems.
- Ensure proper care, handling and storage of file evidence.
- Process letters and authority requests.
- Research the application of laws and statutes as it applies to specific claims in each state.
- Process appropriate paperwork for restitution request.
- Evaluate and determine correct ACV and replacement cost values.
- Partner with subrogation counsel by reviewing litigation materials and recommend and conduct follow-up on action to be taken in lieu of payment or appropriated adjustments.
- Work with district and state attorney's office, circuit clerks and probation offices to recover funds.
- Negotiate property liability ranges and arrange payment with insurance carriers and self-insured entities.
- Negotiate adjusted settlements with claimants, carriers and attorneys.
- Prepare and distribute settlement offer information to client.
- Three to five years of proven subrogation or claims experience that includes substantial exposure to carrier to carrier claims is preferred.
- Ability to type 30 WPM with 85% accuracy.
- Experience estimating property damage claims is preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Successful completion of relevant insurance industry courses strongly preferred.
- Property, medical pay and workers compensation experience is preferred.
- Strong analyzing and negotiating techniques.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Responds to internal and external requests in a timely manner and works to deliver quality service. Consistently demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicates clearly and logically using appropriate written and oral techniques. Seeks clarification for unclear or missing information.
- Demonstrated reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Work with sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates a sincere interest in listening to and responding to customer concerns and solving their issue in a timely manner.
- The ability to work independently and interact well within a team environment.
Looking for a fun place where you can fit in, fuel your passions, help people, and take charge of your career? You’re in the right place. Join the Afni family and be part of our talented global team passionate about helping people and pursuing the life we dream about.
Do Your Best Work and Grow Your Career
When you join Afni, we'll instantly make you part of our global family of friendly people focused on making really good customer experiences happen. If you're like us, you want to belong to something special, have meaningful work to do, and know how to achieve your career and life goals.
Our award-winning training and development programs get you ready to work and grow. If you’re the kind of person who wants to build a career and learn new things, we’ll provide the path and the tools to get you there. You bring the motivation and commitment.
Work in and Support the Bloomington-Normal Community
Are you the kind of person who loves to get involved in community events and non-profit organizations? We love it and make it a habit to respond to the needs of the Bloomington-Normal community through fund raisers, community events, and other service opportunities.
When you work here, you’ll have plenty of chances to get involved. In Bloomington-Normal, we regularly support the United Way, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Easter Seals, American Heart Association, CISAR Animal Shelter, and more.
"I get to do what I love: talk to new people and help them! I bring a positive attitude to work each day and make a difference in the lives of my customers and co-workers."
"I started in Desktop Support and within 2.5 years, I earned a promotion to the Network team. My career skills have increased and I just want to keep learning more products and moving up within the team."
"One of my favorite moments was when the leadership team asked me to join a different department. I was able to prove to myself that I can take on any challenge, do the work required to advance, and conquer anything I put my mind to."
"My shyness has been replaced with confidence as I’ve learned and developed here. Now I can talk to pretty much anyone and can handle a lot of different situations in and outside of work."
Here’s what to expect and how our hiring process works.
Start your application online by filling out our easy form (literally easy – it takes only a couple of minutes if you type fast). Then, attach your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better.
We'll review your qualifications and experience for a possible match. If it looks good, we'll invite you to provide some more information. But don’t worry, it won’t take too long.
If everything still looks promising, we'll be in touch to schedule an interview. Usually this is an initial phone interview followed by a face-to-face meeting.
We do our best to keep the ball rolling and realize the opportunity needs to be a fit for both you and us. If it doesn’t work out, don’t worry. We may have other positions that are a better fit. Our goal is to place you in a role that gives both you and Afni the best opportunity to succeed.