Spanish Bilingual Collections Representative
1310 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Bloomington, IL 61701
Now accepting applicants for future positions
Bilingual Collectors utilize inbound and outbound contacts, attempt to contact consumers in order to negotiate pay arrangements on aged debt, within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
What you will be doing:
- Utilize various skip tracing techniques to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on aged receivables.
- When right party is reached, negotiate payment terms and methods. The negotiation process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections & suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that administrative services can then process.
- Utilize batch & manual skip tracing resources to locate consumers who are no longer at the address and number provided.
- Handle multiple client portfolios and adhering to specific client guidelines relating to settlement of accounts, etc.
- Attain and keep in good standing all required state licenses.
- Utilize FDCPA knowledge in the collection process.
- Must be working toward ACA certification.
- A high school diploma and relevant experience in a sales, collections, or related role is preferred.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Ability to communicate clearly with proper grammar and diction usage that is easily understood by the customer and proper telephone etiquette is required.
- PC and keyboard knowledge and ability to type at least 15 words per minute is required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole and fractional numbers by hand or using a calculator.
- Must be willing to submit to a background security investigation, which discloses both felony and misdemeanor convictions.
The form takes just a few minutes to complete.
Click on Apply Now and complete the form. You can even self-schedule a time for the next steps, which is an in-person interview at our contact center, located at 1310 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. You can also stop by during our normal recruiting hours:8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursdays
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 3rd Saturday of each month
Looking for a fun place where you can fit in, fuel your passions, help people, and take charge of your career? You’re in the right place. Join the Afni contact center family in Bloomington and be part of our talented team passionate about helping people and pursuing the life we dream about.
Do Your Best Work and Grow Your Career
When you join Afni, we'll instantly make you part of our global family of friendly people focused on making really good customer experiences happen. If you're like us, you want to belong to something special, have meaningful work to do, and know how to achieve your career and life goals.
Our award-winning training and development programs get you ready to work and grow. If you’re the kind of person who wants to build a career and learn new things, we’ll provide the path and the tools to get you there. You bring the motivation and commitment.
Work in and Support the Bloomington-Normal Community
Are you the kind of person who loves to get involved in community events and non-profit organizations? We love it and make it a habit to respond to the needs of the Bloomington-Normal community through fund raisers, community events, and other service opportunities.
When you work here, you’ll have plenty of chances to get involved. In Bloomington-Normal, we regularly support the United Way, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Easter Seals, American Heart Association, CISAR Animal Shelter, and more.
"I get to do what I love: talk to new people and help them! I bring a positive attitude to work each day and make a difference in the lives of my customers and co-workers."
"I started in Desktop Support and within 2.5 years, I earned a promotion to the Network team. My career skills have increased and I just want to keep learning more products and moving up within the team."
"One of my favorite moments was when the leadership team asked me to join a different department. I was able to prove to myself that I can take on any challenge, do the work required to advance, and conquer anything I put my mind to."
"My shyness has been replaced with confidence as I’ve learned and developed here. Now I can talk to pretty much anyone and can handle a lot of different situations in and outside of work."
Here's what to expect and how our hiring process works.
Stop by and make your application official. Whether you make an appointment or just drop in, we’re open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. and are located at 1310 Martin Luther King Drive in Bloomington.
Start your application online by filling out our easy form (literally easy - it takes less than a minute if you type fast). Then, schedule a time to come in and meet us.
Meet our team and we’ll discover if you and Afni are a great fit together. Lots of people leave the same day with a job offer and a start date.