Human Resources Manager
1000 Jeter Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
We are hiring a Human Resources Manager to plan, design, and implement human resource policies including staffing, benefits, employee relations and training.
As a Human Resource Manager, you'll:
- Participate in strategic planning. Partner with Operations in determining and executing strategic HR initiatives which will ensure optimal delivery of client services.
- Direct or conduct harassment/discrimination investigations, meet with employees and management to resolve concerns, coach, and counsel. Assist management in resolving and/or addressing disputes between employees.
- Manage the HR staff; conduct meetings, answer questions, provide direction or training. Interpret policies, federal and state regulations andthe application of employment law.
- Conduct interviews, rehire reviews and background checks. Participate in job fairs. Interact with advertisement agencies for recruitment, marketing and branding.
- Oversee or participate in FMLA, workers' comp, unemployment hearings, benefits and payroll issues, terminations, and exit interviews.
- Oversee payroll issues for bonuses, approving manual checks and reviewing attendance.
- Meet with management, subject matter experts, or participate in employee roundtables to create or revise policies such as attendance, performance review format, turn-over reduction initiative, recruitment and selection process review.
- Bachelor degree in business or related Human Resources field, PHR preferred.
- Five to seven years of HR or call center experience preferred.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office products is preferred.
- Actively solicits customer feedback to develop a solid ongoing relationship.
- Exhibits good listening skills. Communicates cross-functionally to ensure all parties are informed as needed.
- Defines team roles and responsibilities based on objectives and measures.
- Pursues work with energy, drive and perseverance.
- Integrates complex or conflicting information to arrive at clear and timely decisions
- Effectively communicates team members' strengths and development need to reinforce performance improvement.
- Seeks alternatives to the status quo. Leverages diverse resources.
Looking for a fun place where you can fit in, fuel your passions, help people, and take charge of your career? You’re in the right place. Join the Afni family and be part of our talented global team passionate about helping people and pursuing the life we dream about.
Do Your Best Work and Grow Your Career
When you join Afni, we'll instantly make you part of our global family of friendly people focused on making really good customer experiences happen. If you're like us, you want to belong to something special, have meaningful work to do, and know how to achieve your career and life goals.
Our award-winning training and development programs get you ready to work and grow. If you’re the kind of person who wants to build a career and learn new things, we’ll provide the path and the tools to get you there. You bring the motivation and commitment.
Work in and Support the Auburn-Opelika Community
Are you the kind of person who loves to get involved in community events and non-profit organizations? We love it and make it a habit to respond to the needs of the Auburn-Opelika community through fund raisers, community events, and other service opportunities.
When you work here, you’ll have plenty of chances to get involved. In Auburn-Opelika, we regularly support March of Dimes, United Way, Adopt-a-Mile, Opelika City Schools, Auburn City Schools, and more.
"I get to do what I love: talk to new people and help them! I bring a positive attitude to work each day and make a difference in the lives of my customers and co-workers."
"I started in Desktop Support and within 2.5 years, I earned a promotion to the Network team. My career skills have increased and I just want to keep learning more products and moving up within the team."
"One of my favorite moments was when the leadership team asked me to join a different department. I was able to prove to myself that I can take on any challenge, do the work required to advance, and conquer anything I put my mind to."
"My shyness has been replaced with confidence as I’ve learned and developed here. Now I can talk to pretty much anyone and can handle a lot of different situations in and outside of work."
Here’s what to expect and how our hiring process works.
Start your application online by filling out our easy form (literally easy – it takes only a couple of minutes if you type fast). Then, attach your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better.
We'll review your qualifications and experience for a possible match. If it looks good, we'll invite you to provide some more information. But don’t worry, it won’t take too long.
If everything still looks promising, we'll be in touch to schedule an interview. Usually this is an initial phone interview followed by a face-to-face meeting.
We do our best to keep the ball rolling and realize the opportunity needs to be a fit for both you and us. If it doesn’t work out, don’t worry. We may have other positions that are a better fit. Our goal is to place you in a role that gives both you and Afni the best opportunity to succeed.